Why You Need to Read Finance Blogs
Many people want to be more responsible when it comes to their finances. They want to be able to budget properly, learn about investing and saving up for retirement, be more knowledgeable about handling debt, and much more.
The problem is that not everyone knows where to begin. It’s easy to say that you want to do this, you want to do that, but without knowing where to begin or how to do it properly, the task becomes harder and more challenging. Fortunately, there are many ways for you to increase your knowledge about finance and one of them is through reading financial blogs online.
But why should you be reading financial blogs? Why not just learn from the experts or attend financial seminars? Well for one, financial blogs are free and you won’t need to leave the house or pay for anything when you access these blogs. Another reason is that you get to learn from people who have already undergone the journey you are trying to take and have learned a lot from it.
Yes, it’s good to be able to learn from the experts and professionals. After all, they spent a big part of their lives studying about finances. Real-life experience is also a very good teacher, and this is what you will be getting from many financial blogs out there. Even if you already are an expert or knowledgeable about finance, there’s always something new you could learn from other people.
Of course, the challenge here would be finding the right financial blog that will really be able to help you out. Since there are many different blogs that are focusing on finance, finding the right one can be overwhelming and difficult. This is where this article will come in, as it will provide you with a list of the different finance blogs that you should be reading.
The Best Financial Blogs To Read
There are many financial blogs out there and trying to read all of them to see which can really help you will take up a lot of your time. This is why in this section we’ll be discussing some of the best financial blogs that you should be reading.
- Making Sense of Cents – Probably one of the best blogs you can read on the internet is Making Sense of Cents by Michelle Schroder – Gardner, especially if you want to know how to make money online. She has an MBA in finance and worked in the financial industry as an analyst. Her idea for a blog started when she decided that she wants to be debt free, as she had more than $38,000 in student debt after graduation. She shared her experience through her blog after becoming debt free. The blog was so successful that she left her job and has become a full-time blogger. Her blog has a lot of personal finance content like how to make extra money, how to save money, how to get out of debt, and more.
- Mr. Money Moustache – Another good financial blog to read is Mr. Money Moustache, especially if your goal is to retire early in life. The author of this blog, who goes by the name of Pete, was able to retire at just the age of 30 to start his family. He said that he was able to achieve this by saving a lot of money and living a lifestyle that is below what his peers are usually doing. He uses the blog to share his story and experience, as well as the challenges he encountered, in his journey to financial freedom.
- Budgets Are Sexy – If budgeting is what you want to learn about, then the finance blog Budgets Are Sexy is the blog you should be reading. The site was started by J Money in 2008, as a way to guide people to pay close attention to their money. The site is full content on the proper way of budgeting and spending your money. It even has an Excel budget worksheet that you can download to help you with your budgeting. The best part of the blog is that J Money made sure that budgeting will be fun and not that stressful and serious scenario usually depicted in movies, TV series, and comics.
- Get Rich Slowly – Get Rich Slowly is another finance blog that you can take a look at when you want to learn about handling your finance. The author, J.D. Roth, shared in the blog his personal experience as he tried to become debt free and achieve financial freedom. One of the best things you can learn from him is the kind of mindset that you will need to have in order to achieve your financial goal. J.D. looked at his life as a business to help him achieve his goal of eliminating debt and being financially free. He looked for ways to cut expenses, increase income, and more.
- Oblivious Investor – If what you want to learn about is achieving success in investing, then the Oblivious Investor blog by Mike Piper is what you need to read. Mike, who is also a CPA, is an expert in finance, as he has already written many books about the subject. His books include Cost Accounting Made Simple, Investing Made Simple, and more. For his blog, Mike offers a variety of content about finance, mainly about investing. He wants people to know that succeeding in investing requires just following very simple principles. He also has articles about tax accounting, economics, retirement, and more.
These are just some of the finance blogs that you should be reading regularly to learn more about finance. There are actually a lot more good blogs out there, but having these 5 in your bookmarks is a good start already.
It is important that you take control of your finances, especially if you are looking to be debt free or you want to retire early. Now, if you don’t know where to begin, you can start by reading some of the best finance blogs available on the internet.
These blogs are written by real people who had already undergone the journey you are trying to take. The 5 finance blogs mentioned above are just some of the best blogs you can find. Use them as a starting point in your journey.